How to Make Nachos
Nachos are a great snack for entertaining guests or satisfying munchies. Plus, you can adapt your nachos to whatever you've got in the fridge. Makes enough for one good-sized snack.
If you don't have a microwave, heat up your nachos in a 400-degree oven.
Add refried beans, ground beef or grilled chicken over the salsa for a heartier nacho.
For a low-fat version, use reduced-fat or fat-free cheese and sour cream.
green or black olives
ORTEGA SALSA PRIMA - Thick & Chunky Salsa
shredded Monterey Jack
ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
1. Put a layer of tortilla chips on a microwave-safe plate.
2. Add Ortega Thick & Chunky Salsa or Ortega Thick & Smooth Taco sauce.
3. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of chips. Use cheddar, Monterey Jack or a combination of the two.
4. Heat on high in the microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.
5. Dice a tomato, slice an avocado and chop some chives. Have sliced olives ready.
6. Top with sour cream, black olives, canned or fresh chiles, sliced avocados or chives.