Garden style salsa, minced cooked chicken and Mexican-style cheese make a savory dish for breakfast or brunch. Or, cut into small cubes, they make a perfect appetizer at party-time. For dinner, serve this with Ortega refried beans, fruit salad and Perrier.
Chicken Tortilla Squares
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 garlic powder
- 32 ozs. ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild)
- 2 cups coarsely broken corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream, (optional)
COMBINE chicken and garlic powder in medium bowl. Spread 1 cup salsa onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Layer with tortilla chips, chicken, remaining salsa and cheese; cover.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; cut into squares. Serve with sour cream.