Prep: 10 Mins Cook: 15 Mins
Soft tacos filled with tender morsels of chicken breast, taco sauce and shredded Monterey Jack cheese make a delightful hot luncheon or after-school snack on cold winter days.
Easy Oven Soft Chicken Tacos
- 10 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular, divided
- 2 tbls. water, divided
- 1 can (16 oz.) ORTEGA Refried Beans
- 3/4 cups ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce - Medium
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Place tortillas on baking sheets.
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink. Add 2 tablespoons seasoning mix and 1 tablespoon water; mix well.
COMBINE refried beans, remaining seasoning mix and remaining water in small bowl.
SPREAD bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Layer each with a drizzle of taco sauce. Top evenly with chicken mixture, cheese, tomatoes and green onions.
BAKE for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Fold each in half.