Yields: 5 Servings Prep: 15 Mins Cook: 3 Mins
Switch it up and try tacos with a refreshing twist! These seafood tacos are topped with cabbage, tangerines and onions, creating a flavorful dinner for all to enjoy.
Fish Tacos with Cabbage & Tangerine Slaw
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp ORTEGA Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tangerines (cubed, seeds removed)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2lbs white fish fillets or shrimp
- 1 package (1 oz) ORTEGA Fish Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 box ORTEGA Taco Shells (any variety)
- 1 jar (16 oz) ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce (any variety)
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, and guacamole seasoning mix. Add red cabbage, onion and tangerines and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Cut the fish into 1 1/2-inch chunks and toss with taco seasoning mix. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the fish until it is opaque and the edges are slightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning once.
- Fill taco shells with fish chunks and top with the slaw. Sprinkle on chopped cilantro and top with taco sauce.