A finalist in the 2002 Ortegar "Create a Fiesta, Win a Siesta!" Recipe Contest, this dish was submitted by Dallas Cole of Wilsonville, Oregon. This recipe captures the distinct flavor of Mexico in a delicious appetizer. The golden brown pastry brims wit
Green Chile Rollover Bites
- 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened, cut in half
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular
- 1 garnish ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild), or any flavor
SEPARATE dough into four 3 x 6-inch rectangles on cutting board; press seams closed. Spread half block cream cheese onto each rectangle; top each rectangle with half can chiles. Fold rectangles in half lengthwise; cut each into eight pieces.
COMBINE milk and egg in small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning mix in shallow dish. Dip each bite into milk mixture; roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.