Zippy green chiles spice up a classic white sauce for tender and juicy chicken breasts. The sauce is thickened with a package of cream cheese. This is a wonderful dish for entertaining! Serve it with grilled vegetables and warm tortillas on the side.
Grilled Chicken with Chile Strips in Cream
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, grilled and kept warm
- 2 tbls. vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbls. flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (3-oz.) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cans (7-oz.) ORTEGA Whole Green Chiles, rinsed, drained and cut into strips
- 2 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
ADD milk slowly to skillet; bring o a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese and garlic salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and well combined. Stir in chiles; heat through. Top chicken breasts with chiles in cream. Sprinkle with parsley.