Prep: 30 Mins Cook: 30 Mins
These lean chicken breasts are filled with chiles and cheese, rolled in a cracker crust and baked until tender. Serve them with Spanish Rice in Tomato Sauce and a side of guacamole.
Mexican Monterey Chicken
- 2 lbs. fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ozs. Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 1 can 4-oz. diced green chile peppers
- 2 cups crushed crackers
- 1 package 1.25-oz. ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular
1. Pound chicken with meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten.Add To Recipe Box Back to Recipes
2. Place 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tbsp. of chiles on each chicken breast; wrap chicken breasts around filling and secure with wooden toothpicks.
3. In shallow dish, combine crackers and taco seasoning mix; blend well. Add chicken bundles; press crumbs onto chicken to coat. Place bundles in greased 9xx2 in baking dish.
4. Bake in 350F oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.