Yields: 6 Servings Prep: 10 Mins Cook: 15 Mins
An ideal appetizer ready in minutes for guests; black beans, Monterey Jack cheese and chipotle are all used to spice up the dish.
Nachos in Smoky Black Bean Sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) ORTEGA Black Beans, undrained
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 box ORTEGA Taco Shells, any variety
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup ORTEGA Original Mild Salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 oz) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 4 minutes or until onions are softened, stirring frequently. Add beans with their liquid, chipotle and oregano. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350ÃÂÃÂ°F. Break taco shells into large chips and arrange in an even layer on large baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange warm chips on large serving platter. Sprinkle evenly with cheese then pour bean mixture over chips. Top with salsa and sour cream and sprinkle with diced green chiles. Serve immediately.