Prep: 15 Mins Cook: 15 Mins
Treat your family to a suppertime change of pace - serve this southwestern skillet. All you need to add is a steamed or fresh vegetable to enjoy on the side.
Salsa Chicken Over Rice
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
SERVE over rice. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.