Prep: 20 Mins Cook: 10 Mins
Shrimp with Chile-Cilantro Rice
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup green chile-cilantro pesto, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 pound large or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar mild or medium thick-and-chunky salsa
COMBINE rice, Green Chile-Cilantro Pesto and broth in medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until heated through. Keep warm.
COOK bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Crumble bacon; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add shrimp, green onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
PLACE rice mixture on platter; top with shrimp mixture, salsa and bacon.
FOR GREEN CHILE-CILANTRO PESTO
COMBINE 2 cups fresh cilantro sprigs, 1 (7-ounce) can ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles, 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts, 4 large cloves peeled garlic and 1 tablespoon lime juice in food processor or blender; cover. Process until well chopped. Process, while slowly adding 1/2 cup corn oil, for additional 20 to 30 seconds or until almost smooth.