A finalist in the 2002 Ortegar "Create a Fiesta, Win a Siesta!" Contest, this dish was submitted by Kay Niedenthal of Indianapolis, Indiana. This pasta dish combines ground beef, rotini pasta, fire-roasted green chiles, salsa and refried beans in a cream
- 4 cups (1 lb.) dry rotini pasta, cooked to pkg. instructions, drained, kept hot
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 oz.) ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild), or any flavor
- 1 can (16 oz.) ORTEGA Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (15 oz.) dip- pasteurized prepared cheese
- 1 can (7 oz.) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garnish sour cream, chopped tomato, and/or sliced green onion
COOK beef and onion in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in salsa, beans and water.
COMBINE hot pasta, cheese dip, chiles, milk and salt in large bowl; spread into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon meat mixture on top of pasta, letting some of the pasta mixture show through; cover.
BAKE for 25 minutes; uncover. Sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish as desired.